The strength, look and feel of “healthy hair” can define not only your overall look, but also, how you feel. While there are literally thousands of products that market to “healthy black hair” there are only a handful that have the proper ingredients to keep your hair healthy. And just like vitamins help your body, there are certain vitamins that specifically help your hair.
Here is a short list of eight vitamins that you need to look for in your hair products:
1. Amino Acids: These are the building blocks of protein and your hair follicles require a constant stream of amino acids for optimum hair growth. Eight amino acids are essential for humans, as the body cannot produce them by themselves, and they have to be supplied externally. These are: isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan and valine.
2. Biotin: Biotin is a crucial vitamin for hair growth. In laboratory studies, people who were low in Biotin experienced slower-than-normal hair and nail growth. Biotin is also water-soluble and supports healthy skin as well.
3. Inositol: This nutrient actually helps strengthen hair by ensuring that your hair follicles retain moisture.
MUST READ: How To Get Salon-Healthy Hair…At Home!
4. Choline: Your body actually makes choline in very small amounts, but you need more for hair growth because choline works together with inositol to encourage hair growth.
5. Zinc: An essential mineral for proper health and hair growth. It’s quite common for American women to suffer from low mineral levels.